More Information About Financial Planning For Women
- to educate women about personal finance and financial planning.
- to motivate women to take action to reduce debt and start or increase saving/investing.
- to teach women to calculate the amount they need to invest for retirement and to invest toward that goal.
- to provide women with the tools to plan at least one action based on each program.
- to encourage participants to commit to a process of life-long learning.
- FPW was the only program in Northern Utah providing monthly financial planning education
Based on the assumption that retirement is life’s ultimate financial goal with dismal consequences for those who fail to plan, FPW emphasizes the importance of focusing on the big picture. All financial topics are interconnected; although each program is a separate topic, FPW emphasizes a holistic approach to financial planning: set your goals, prioritize and don’t let the lesser issues distract you from your goal.
Now that Dr. Lown has retired from USU she is continuing to educate women and men through the FPW blog: fpwusu.blogspot.com. Topics range widely and typically link to an internet article. The blog is searchable so you can explore specific topics.