Wow, that’s a long title for a blog post but the link below to Inheritance and IRAs is a good refresher/reminder on tasks to complete…soon, maybe before the fast approaching end of the year.
- The importance of having a will
- The tax implications of inheritance for spouses and other beneficiaries
- The different scenarios that can occur in inheritance planning
- The rights spouses and beneficiaries have in the process
- Extenuating circumstances that could change the outcome of an inheritance
- How inheritance works for different types of assets outside of an IRA
Source: Financial Planning for Women